Counter-Intuitive Time Management Scottsboro AL
Major Appliance Parts & Supplies, Refrigerator & Freezer Parts & Supplies Dealers, Management Consultants, Appliance Parts & Supplies Dealers, Heating & Air Conditioning Equipment & Supplies, Range & Oven Parts & Supplies, Restaurant Equipment & Supplies Retail
Management Consultants, Computer Consultants, Computer Systems Consultants and Designers
Management Consultants, Business Services, Computer Supplies Parts and Accessories, Computer Hardware and Supplies
Counter-Intuitive Time Management
Innovative Techniques to Tame a Never-Ending Start-Up To Do List
By Linda Walker
By asking a few questions, I zero in on the source of their misery, and evaluate whether they can benefit from the special time management techniques I teach. I just look for certain things they have in common.
• These “live-wire” geniuses are adventurous, ambitious, and energetic. They’ll start a hundred projects, but then bog down because of indecision, procrastination, or a feeling of being overwhelmed.
• They search relentlessly for new time management tips and try anything to improve their time management skills regardless of past struggles, but standard, “common sense” time management techniques just don’t work.
• Despite their best efforts, they’ve accumulated a never-ending To Do list (I call it their To Do “book”) and they’re frustrated with time management techniques that don’t work.
• At times, you have ample mental energy. You can laser-focus on anything that interests you, you’re amazingly productive, and you keep going long after other people are exhausted.
• Other times, you have plenty of physical energy, but your brain is also racing. You can’t concentrate. You’re eager to move and go through short (physical) tasks with ease.
• You need time to recharge. Your brain isn’t a plough-horse, plodding sedately. It’s a racehorse, capable of stunning bursts of power and speed. Like a racehorse, you must recharge between races.
• You also have your own unique energy fluctuations between these that create periods when you’re better at some tasks than you are at others.